Jongomero - Fact File
Jongomero is a classic luxury tented camp set in the Southern - most expanse of the Ruaha National Park. Located on the banks of the seasonal Jongomero River, the 8-tent camp ensures a sense of intimacy in a truly undiscovered wilderness.
Set along the banks of the seasonal Jongomero river, in Ruaha National Park, southern Tanzania.
* 8 extravagantly spacious tents on raised platforms under a makuti thatch roof.
* 8 Ft wide dhow wood emperor beds with ambient 240v, lighting.
* En suite bathrooms with double vanity.
* Hot and cold running water (solar heated with backup immersion heater).
* Spacious front veranda ensuring maximum privacy with views.
Lounge & Dining
Public area is beautifully located in the deep shade of an ancient African ebony tree with uninterrupted views of the Jongomero River bed.
Dining is an adventure: a combination of table d’hote, elegant buffets, al fresco dinners under the stars, campfire cooking and classic safari picnics.
International cuisine with a truly East African flavour.
* Filtered swimming pool overlooks the seasonal Jongomero River.
* Pool mattresses and towels.
* Game drives in open 4-wheel drive vehicles.
* Excellent birding.
* Game walks with professional walking guide and TANAPA ranger.
* Walking safari / mobile bush camping (fly camping) in pristine surroundings (pre-booking essential). From July to end of November. (subject to weather conditions and availability TANAPA ranger).
Ruaha covers a unique transition zone- a meeting of Eastern and Southern African species of flora and Fauna. In addition to lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and most of the common antelope, predators including elusive wild dogs, some of the rarer antelopes such as Sable and Roan, as well as greater and lesser kudu occur.
Birding in Ruaha is unparalleled, with some 530 species recorded.
* June to October: Dry and warm days with temperatures cooling down considerably at night. Vegetation becomes sparser and animals are drawn to dwindling water sources. Nights can be cold.
* November – mid March: Hotter and greener. Nights still cool. This is the season for bird and plant lovers and is the main reproductive time of year so a good time for seeing young. There’s a chance of rain, flowers are in abundance and deciduous.
* Scheduled flights from Dar es Salaam as well as Arusha, with airstrip just 10 min from the camp.
* Transfers included between Jongomero airstrip and camp.
* Cash: Dollars, Euro’s, Pounds Sterling and T-shillings (We do not accept Dollar notes from before the year 2000)
* Credit card (5% surcharge on all cards): Visa (preferred), Amex & Master Card
* Travellers cheques (no Thomas Cook)
However we would like you to be away as far as possible from the western world we do have the possibility of using the internet, but we not have avilable wifi