Ras Kutani - Fact File
Ras Kutani is an idyllic beach getaway located on the tranquil Indian Ocean. Home to a scattered, well-appointed cluster of bandas, peace and tranquility is assured. Long stretches of pristine beach and warm blue seas offer romantic hide-aways and total relaxation before or after the excitement of a bush safari.
Set on a crescent of white sandy beach, flanked by a freshwater lagoon and a coastal forest, approximately 35km south of Dar es Salaam.
* 9 spacious and charming cottages - each individually handcrafted using local, natural materials - situated beneath the cooling canopy of indigenous trees and offering ocean and lagoon views.
8ft wide double beds with bedside tables & ambient 240v lighting.
- En suite bathrooms and large dressing area.
- Large front veranda with Swahili daybeds and hammocks.
* 4 large suites, appointed canopy-high on the hills with sweeping views and private plunge pools.
* 1 family unit comprising two connected cottages with a shared living area situated on top of the hill with sweeping 180 degree views.
Lounge & Dining
Guest areas are a soaring thatched structure affording superb views of the beach, lagoon and the ocean.
Savour freshly prepared ‘Fruits of the Indian Ocean’ and succulent Pan-African cuisine.
Relaxation is definitely the keynote.
* Massage and wellness.
* For the more active try body boarding, and snorkeling from the shore or explore the fresh water lagoon on a kayak.
* Nature walks through the indigenous coastal forest, or along the pristine shore.
* Guided walks to local inland or fishing village along the coast (subject to tides).
* Turtle hatching in nests adjacent to lodge.
* The coastal forest, amongst one of the most biodiverse on earth, is home to colobus, vervet and sykes monkey as well as baboons, wild pigs and the elusive civet cats.
* Fine birding and lepidoptery.
* January - mid March: Hot with intermittent rain.
* June - October: Dry season with pleasant, cool temperatures.
* November - December: Pleasantly hot with occasional showers.
* 10 minutes by light aircraft from Dar es Salaam to Ras Kutani private airstrip.
* 1.5 hours drive by road.
* Cash: Dollars, Euro’s, Pounds Sterling and T-shillings (We do not accept Dollar notes from before the year 2000)
* Credit card (5% surcharge on all cards): Visa (preferred), Amex & Master Card
* Travellers cheques (no Thomas Cook)
However we would like you to be away as far as possible from the western world we do have the possibility of using the internet, but we do not have have available wifi