It’s hard to believe we are already well into 2022! We are thrilled to share a glimpse of the progress we have made in our camps and of the great things to come.
This coming rainy season we will be using every opportunity to complete our extensive refurbishment upgrades and prepare for a brand new safari season when we reopen in June.
To recap what we have achieved so far; The Selous Safari Company camps in the South of Tanzania: Jongomero and Siwandu, have received a lot of love and attention.
- Upgraded all interiors in the main alfresco, relaxation area adding a fresh twist to the classic safari ambience with brand new furniture and wow factor decorative accents.
- The interiors of the tented suites have been reimagined with a 360 transformation of new hardware and software, including super luxurious satin cotton linens.
- The bathrooms were gutted and refitted from top to bottom.
- The pool relaxation areas have been upgraded.
- We built a brand new state of the art gym for our guests, and one for our staff too.
- The solar system has been improved and much work has also been done behind the scenes to the kitchen.
We still have one more exciting project underway at Jongomero, the addition of two VIP tents. Please watch this space, we can’t wait to share more details with you.
Siwandu camp has also received a good dose of TLC:
- In addition to soft upgrades in all lake view tented suites and the communal guest areas.
- The solar system has been upgraded too and with all wooden furniture and decks re-varnished Siwandu is ready to welcome guests this June.
The cherry on top is what has happened and is underway on our incredible island resort, Fanjove:
- With the approval of the prototype, we are now completely rebuilding our eight beach bandas.
- The iconic 19th century lighthouse on Fanjove is being transformed into a new signature restaurant with a brand new kitchen.
This is just the tip of the iceberg and we can’t wait to share more details and images. This project is such a huge undertaking, bearing in mind that every single item and building material needs to be transported to the remote island by boat. We will be opening brand new Fanjove Island to guests from October this year.
Thank you for your support during this past season. We can’t wait to welcome you to our upgraded and renovated camps, plus our brand new island offering this coming season.